Tuesday 21 August 2012

So what's the big deal about craft?

I just so happen to be writing my honors dissertation on the nature of branding craft businesses and I have been discovering some wonderful and interesting gems of knowledge in the process. Crafting is not something only grannies do, it is a form of expression that is both ancient and modern, always shifting to incorporate the influences of the time, and it's making a comeback!

I have always been drawn to crafting as a form of expression, creativity and relaxation. Here are some pictures of my tools of the trade which have given me hours of enjoyment:


Over the next few weeks I'll be treating you to some of my crafty gems of knowledge, just so you can have some interesting facts to drop in conversations. And hopefully your views and perceptions of crafting will be challenged and extended at the same time.

Feel free to add your ideas to my thoughts, as many minds are better than one:)

Love,
Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment